Jesus saves all of you! What I mean is that when you accept Christ into your life, your entire being…soul…spirit…body is claimed by the Lord.
Jesus saves us from our past, continues to change our present and is preparing us for our future. 1 Corinthians 1:11 states “Some of you were like this but you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of God.” Paul in the prior verses had listed many sins and he is reminding us that we are forgiven completely and to embrace life accordingly.
How can we give God our entire selves?
- Be Wholly committed …don’t compartmentalize. God has saved all of you for His purposes.
- Be Holy. Your identity has changed and you are a child of God.
- Be Honest. Ask the Lord to help you examine your motivations, your thoughts and actions.
- Be Thoughtful. Renew and reframe your thought life. Ask God to transform your thinking.
- Be Healthy. God has given you a body to contain your core being. Treat your body well so that you may live for the purposes of Christ.
Gods saves all of us and He asks us to surrender ourselves to him. We are to allow him to be Lord of all of our lives. This is where discipleship comes in. We must first acknowledge His Lordship and then we must put practices into place in our lives that continue to refine us in His image as He works in us.
“Do you not know that your body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit who is in your, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body.” 1 Cor: 6:19-20
“God raised up the Lord, and will also raise us up by His power” 1 Cor 6:14